NOW I KNOW
We are all here to live every situation we can imagine, good or bad; right or wrong; positive or negative. Why? So we can learn from the experience as part of the adventure of life. Murray Kibblewhite
CASE STUDY – HOW TO HELP A FRIEND LIVE IN THE MOMENT SUBJECT: RELATIONSHIPS
Have you experienced the situation of trying to help a friend do, learn or change? And your friend does not do what you suggest? The question is – how long do you try helping them?
Yes, they are your friend and you can see clearly what is holding them back- but they won’t accept your suggestion. They may even become angry at you! When is enough enough?
- My ex-flatmate, who is Chinese, was working for a Chinese owned and managed company here in Auckland. The Owner/Manager would text his staff at all times of the day and night and expect his staff to be available at all times. I suggested he approach his boss but my flatmate was unable to tell the Owner/Manager of his poor management style. Eventually he left the company.
- My current flatmate is studying Christian Theology and as part of her training she had to give a preaching to her class mates. Afterwards she was severely criticised, in private, by the Director of Studies. He said instead of “preaching” where you pass on lessons from the Bible, she had made a personal statement and not quoted enough from the Bible. I advised her to ask for a re-assessment but she decided to leave the class and change courses.
So what is the learning here?
I recommend that with all friends to not hold onto hurts and anger and live in the moment which means:-
- Do offer or undertake what you think is necessary for your friend.
- But if they do not accept your help, then let them go.
- It is not your duty to change them.
- Do what you can and let them chose which way they want to go.
- Remember, we are all here to learn in our own way so live I n the moment.
All life’s experiences are opportunities to learn. The challenge is to decide, what is the real lesson to be learnt?
How to use:-
1) Accept you need to change your Attitude and Actions on a daily basis.
2) Read, view, discuss and learn other ways. Set time aside daily to study.
3) Practice a new action until it becomes a better habit. Then discuss with your friends.
Check out these links:-
To the blog: – https://projectlel.wordpress.com/
The Power Of The Present Moment – Living In The Now
Want to be happier? Stay in the moment | Matt Killingsworth
Your Comments Welcome:-
Your comments, suggestions and recommendations are welcome. Please record them on the blog.